National Cadet Corps
Damai NCC was formed when Damai Sec started in 1995. Since then, it has achieved many accomplishments like getting the Silver award in the Best Unit Competition. Our goal is to provide a holistic and enriching experience for our Cadets, and to develop them to become Committed, Competent, and Compassionate leaders.
To work towards our goal, cadets will attend training twice a week.
Junior and Senior Cadets (Lower Secondary) will attend a Monday training conducted by Teacher Officers. This is a light Physical Training (PT) session running from 2.15pm to 3.45 pm. The PT session aims to:
1) strengthen our cadets’ bonding within the unit,
2) strengthen our cadets’ sense of belonging,
3) strengthen our cadets’ ability to manage the various stations in the NAPFA test,
4) provide opportunities for the cadets to find meaning in the CCA through conversations among themselves and with the Teacher Officers.
Cadet Leaders and Senior Cadet Leaders (Upper Secondary) will attend a Monday meeting guided by Teacher Officers. The session runs from 2.45pm – 4.15pm. The objective of this session is to provide time for our Cadet Leaders to plan the subsequent training sessions, as well as to rehearse their plans. Such sessions allow our Cadet Leaders to exercise and develop their skills in teamwork, leadership, and planning.
All cadets will attend a combined Friday Training. This training typically comprises of:
1) learning and executing foot drill/arms drill,
2) physical fitness activities or games, for team bonding as well as to build up our Cadets’ fitness,
3) Individual Field Craft (IFC) training, and
4) Basic military/SAF knowledge.
Training is usually led by our Cadet Leaders, Senior Cadet Leaders (Upper Secondary students), in collaboration with Cadet Officers (Alumni trained and commissioned by HQ NCC) under our Teacher Officers’ supervision.
Besides in-school trainings, HQ NCC, situated in Amoy Quee Camp, conducts activities such as Camp Steel, Specialist Assessment, Camp Forge, Orienteering Competition, etc. to unite the various schools' cadets together to encourage mutual learning and to excel via friendly competition, as well as to share their training experience. On special occasions, there may trainings scheduled during the weekends by HQ NCC.
Our Core Values
- Loyalty to Country
- Leadership & Discipline
- Commitment & Responsibility
- Care for Fellow Cadets
- Adventurous Spirit
- Commitment to Singapore
Our Vision & Mission
Junior Cadets and Senior Cadets (Lower Secondary)
Mondays 2.15pm - 3.45pm
Cadet Leaders and Senior Cadet Leaders (Upper Secondary)
Mondays 2.45pm - 4.15pm
Friday 2.30 pm – 6 pm
Student Leaders 2017
Unit Sergeant Major (USM) - MSG Shawn Tan (4E2)
Assistant Sergeant Major (ASM) - MSG Tan Hong Zhan (4T1)
Student Leaders 2017/2018
To be announced.
Student Leadership Development and Training
- CCA Leader Workshop (for Sec 2 CCA leader candidates)
- Advanced Drill Course (for Sec 3 Unit Drill Supernumerary candidate)
- Specialist Assessment (for promotion to 3SG in Sec 3)
- Senior Specialist Leader Course (for promotion to SSG in Sec 3) (USM/ASM candidates inclusive)
- Pinnacle Challenge (during SSC) (conditions apply)
- Be accepted into a Post-Secondary Education Institution
- Graduated from the Senior Specialist (Leader) Course (SSG)
- Passed the Army-NCC Badge Test in Sec 3
- Be medically and physically fit (IPPT score > 59 points)
- Be recommended by Unit CO and District Commander