To Ignite the Passion for Lifelong Learning of Science.
To equip pupils with science process skills and scientific concepts, so as to facilitate lifelong learning of Science.
Staff List & Email Address
|Acting HOD||Mr. Wong Mun Wai (HOD),(SH InfoComm)|
|Subject Head (Physics)||Mr. Thong Ching Guan, Justin|
|Subject Head (Chemistry)||Mr. Nazrul Hadi Jamal|
|Lead Teacher (Chemistry)||Ms. Goh Ai Lian|
|Senior Teacher (Biology) and
Lower Sec Coordinator
||Mrs. Eileen Lee|
|Senior Teacher Chemistry||Mrs. Ang Hwee Bin|
|Sec 2 Coordinator||Mr. Tan Wei Zhi|
||Mrs. Jackie Chan|
|Mrs Liang Sok Ngin|
|Mr Lim Jing Kai|
|Ms Nur Diyana Binte Osman|
|Mdm Rahmayani Fitri Bte Rohaizat|
|Mr Phoa Yew Hui|
|Mr Gerard Yong|
|Ms Rachel Koh|
|Mr Low Sheng Long|
Lower Secondary Science
General Science concepts related to the three Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics).
Upper Secondary Science
Express students taking the 'O' Level
Up to three Pure Science subjects may be offered at the 'O' Levels to Secondary 3 Express students who have demonstrated aptitude for science at the Secondary 2 streaming exercise.Damai Secondary offers the following combinations to Secondary 3 students.
- Combined Science (Physics/Chemistry); Subject code: 5076
- Pure Chemistry Subject code: 6092 with Combined Science (Physics/Biology); Subject code: 5077
Normal (Academic) students taking the 'N(A)' Level
All students will be offered Combined Science at the 'N(A)' Level following their Secondary 2 streaming exercise.
- Combined Science (Physics/Chemistry); Subject code: 5105 .
Students who move on to Secondary 5 after the N Levels will then offer Combined Science (Physics/Chemistry) Subject
code: 5076 at the 'O' Level.
code: 5076 at the 'O' Level.
As the Pure Science subjects are 2-year courses, it will not be offered to Secondary 5 students after the N levels.
Normal (Technical) students taking the 'N(T)' Level
Students who show an interest and aptitude for science may opt for Science at the N(T) Level following the Secondary 2 streaming exercise.
Science; Subject code: 5148
This information is correct as at 2017. Subject combinations offered may vary according to demand.
There are several Class Tests, Common Tests, a Mid-Year Examination, as well as a End-of-Year Examination or the Preliminary Examination (graduatating classes) for each of the streams and levels.
The number of marks and duration of the assessments is planned ahead, and students are informed at the beginning of each academic year.
Overview of Instructional Programmes/ Non Instructional Programmes
Since 2005, Damai's Science Department has been engaging actively in coming up with new programs to enhance the curriculum for our students and boost the teaching capabilities of our teachers.
1) Enrichment Programmes
- Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum visits
- Applied Learning Program in STEM activities (see below)s
Sungei Buloh Fieldtrips
Learning journey to Singapore Power
Science Centre Workshop
Enrichment Focus :
Sec 1 : Increase awareness of Science and Technology as well as impact of human activities on environment.
Sec 2 : Developing the process skills of Science.
Sec 3 : Relevance of process skills and research skills.
Sec 4/5 : Application of process skills for relevant science-base careers.
1. ExxonMobil Endangered Biodiversity and Conservation Programme - 3rd
2. BBC Knowledge Magazine School Challenge - Semi-finalists
3. VJC Marineaquascaping competition - Participation
4. VJC Forensic Challenge - Participation
5. Chemical Car Challenge – Participation
6. Shell STEM Inc Challenge - Participation
- BBC Knowledge School Challenge - semi-finalists
- Hospital attachment
- Shell Singapore Youth Challenge - top 4 in E Zone
- Chips@School - 3rd
- VJC marineaquascaping - participation
- VJC Forensic workshop - 3rd
- Exploring the Nobel Way - Optiks
- IgNITE Science Challenge 2014 - 3rd place
- BBC Knowledge School Challenge - finalists
- Shell Singapore Youth Science Festival Camp (Science Centre & Shell Oil Co.)
- Science Day at Novartis, Biopolis
- NSW Science – 1 high distinction, 2 distinctions and 14 credits
- C.B. Paul Science Quiz- 2 silver
- IgNITE Science Challenge 2013
- Think Challenge (TJC) - 2nd runner-up
- Fact or Fantasy (NUS) - participation
- Project Potenza (VJC) - 1st place
Applied Learning Program in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Applied Learning Programme
Damai Secondary School offers a unique Applied Learning Programme (ALP) since 2014 which focuses on ElderlyDamai Secondary School offers a unique Applied Learning Programme (ALP) since 2014 which focuses on Elderly Healthcare . The Programme aims to Enthuse the Secondary 1 students through intriguing world issues (e.g. aging population), allow the secondary 2 students to Explore their interests and career options through exposure to laboratory and electrical circuitry work, as well as to provide opportunities for the Secondary 3 students to Experience how the various industries and educational institutions are like through attachments and internships.
- Learning journeys to Nanyang Polytechnic’s School of Health Sciences
- Visits to the Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N exhibition, iFly, ArtScience Musuem
- Flight Simulator experiences
- STEM related workshops
- Education and Career Guidance exhibitions and roadshows