Home > Our Curriculum > Academic Programmes
The Damai Academic Programme provides a strong foundation for our students’ next academic milestone and life as the learning extensions infuse breadth and depth for students to pursue their passions and nurture their diverse talents. Our academic programme is rigorous and offers many opportunities for project work, discussion and independent learning. We aim to shape all-round individuals, with the capacity to understand and appreciate the integrative nature of knowledge and apply it to their daily lives so as to lead a purposeful and meaningful life.
Holding true to the Singapore Curriculum Philosophy , our academic programme in Damai places every student at the heart of our educational decisions, to guide the design and implementation of our curriculum.
As a school:
- We believe in holistic education.
- We believe that every child wants to and can learn. We focus on children’s learning needs when designing learning experiences.
- We believe that learning flourishes
- in caring and safe learning environments,
- when children construct knowledge actively,
- through the development of thinking skills and dispositions, and
- when assessment is used to address children’s learning gaps.
The Academic Programme is also guided by the principles of the Singapore Teaching Practice- a model that makes explicit how effective teaching and learning is achieved in Singapore schools.
Do take a look at our individual department’s philosophy, programmes and achievements for more information.